Mindful Parenting with Adie Clarke
Parenting is a very difficult job. As well as joyful and rewarding it can be challenging and frustrating. Mindfulness makes the job easier and you can join Adie Clarke in the Sanctuary on her 4-week course tailor-made for parents.
When: Thursday Mornings 10am – 11.30am
Where: the Sanctuary
Dates: 22nd, 29th, November, 6th, 13th, December.
Over the course of the 4 weeks Adie will be:
- Exploring the role of a parent and what it really means to be: ‘The Carer’.
- Addressing behavioural issues in home life for parents and children.
- Looking at patterns of behaviour and offering mindfulness based strategies to support change.
- Introducing mindfulness practices to support parenting, reduce stress and to improve communication skills.
- Enhancing parent’s confidence and self-care skills through mindfulness resulting in an enriched family life.
Having the opportunity to parent a child or children is a real gift. As adult life progresses we arrive into this role and we are suddenly parents. There are many joys but this task does have its ups and downs, particularly with how busy life has become these days. In the parent role we are asked to guide a child from infancy to independent adult living. It’s a big job!
Your Facilitator: Adie Clarke
Adie, originally a teacher and a psychotherapist, completed a certified Mindfulness Facilitator course with the Mindfulness Clinic, Dublin. She also holds Post Graduate Certificates in Mindful Psychology and CBT and in Mindfulness Based Approaches in Therapy.
Adie has also trained as a mindfulness facilitator for children, (PAWS), and adolescents, (.b), programmes with the Mindfulness in Schools Project, MISP. Other trainings include certified tutor in the CDSMP self-management programme with Stanford University and in Psychotherapy and in Cognitive Behaviour Drama with Trinity College, Dublin.
Adie has been involved in mindfulness for almost ten years. Currently, she works in Arduna Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre in Clontarf as a therapist and as a Mindfulness Facilitator. To date, Adie has facilitated courses on MBSR, MBCT, Mindful Living and Mindful Parenting.