ABOUT THE SANCTUARY
The Sanctuary was founded in 1998 by Sr. Stanislaus Kennedy. She wanted to provide a beautiful, reflective and contemplative space for people working in social care organisations and youth services. A place where they could be re-energised and nourished in body, mind and soul. This would help them continue their work and be more effective helping the most vulnerable in society.
Since 1998, the Sanctuary has been developing a range of courses and workshops in the area of mindfulness and meditation, yoga and movement, creativity and well-being. The Sanctuary now has a complete programme of day, evening and weekend courses, talks and workshops from both secular and spiritual perspectives. In particular, it has developed programmes for children, young people and for individuals who are at a vulnerable stage in their lives.
VISION, MISSION AND VALUES
The Sanctuary is a centre for mindfulness, compassion and resilience in society. Our ambition is to be a beacon for compassion and resilience and to use mindfulness to achieve social change in Ireland and offer a pathway to a fulfilling life.
Our Vision is to build a more compassionate and resilient society
Our Mission is to inspire the young, support those on the front line in society and influence those who form policy that affects people’s lives.
Our Values are:
* To be accessible to everyone and make people feel welcome.
* To foster a strong sense of community, fellowship and belonging.
* To be authentic in our actions.
Vacancy: Operations Manager at the Sanctuary
the Sanctuary needs to recruit a full time Operations Manager to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the centre, embodying our ethos and values and facilitating the achievement of the Sanctuary’s Vision and Mission.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Managing Director. Flexibility is required as the position on occasion can include evening & weekend work.
Please review the Role Description and Responsibilities and submit a covering letter accompanied by your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 11th October 2019. Remuneration is dependent on level of experience.
The Candidate should:
* Have strong experience (5-8 years) in an operational / events management role in an educational / community setting and qualifications in management or event planning.
* Have knowledge and experience of GDPR, Employment and Health and Safety legislation, Financial Administration and Governance compliance required for the sector.
* Have experience in using Microsoft Office suite; ebanking, Realex and Elavon for banking and payments; social media; Mindbody booking engine and WordPress content management system for website
* Have an understanding of mindfulness and meditation and the benefits of having it as a life skill.
Please submit a covering letter accompanied by your Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com