Monday 4th – Friday 8th October 2021
The Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC) is a weekly mindfulness course based on the Mindfulness Association’s Being Present Mindfulness Training, which we deliver here in the Sanctuary. It is the eight week mindfulness program (Mindfulness Based Intervention) that is taught as part of the MSc: Studies in Mindfulness with the University of Aberdeen. One of the distinctive qualities of the MBLC is the kindness and compassion practices that are weaved throughout.
The course consists of eight classes, which are typically two hours long, preceded by an introductory class before the eight week course begins and concluded by follow up class after the eight week course ends. A day of mindfulness practice is also typically included between Weeks 6 and 7.
The weekly themes are:
- Introductory Session – What is Mindfulness and Why Practice It?
- Week 1 – Start Where We Are
- Week 2 – The Body as a Place to Stay Present
- Week 3 – Introducing Mindfulness Support
- Week 4 – Working with Distraction
- Week 5 – Exploring the Undercurrent
- Week 6 – Attitude of the Observer•Day of Practice
- Week 7 – Self-Acceptance
- Week 8 – A Mindfulness Based Life
- Follow Up – The Rest of Your Life
If you are a mindfulness teacher, for example in MBSR or MBCT and would like to train to teach our eight-week Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC) you will need to complete an MBLC eight-week course or attend at least weekends 2 and 3 of the Being Present Mindfulness training in order to familiarise yourself with aspects of the MBLC curriculum which are not present in MBSR or MBCT before completing the MBLC Retreat.