Mindfulness And Recovery Workshop at The Sanctuary With Joan Flannelly & Mary O’Grady
This workshop is Onsite
Workshop Description: Join us for a recovery focused re treat in the healing space of the Sanctuary. Wherever you are in your recovery journey, you are very welcome. Recovering from what? From any – and everything. We live in an increasingly complex and challenging world. It is not surprising that we develop many unhealthy dependencies which can so often come with an overwhelming sense of powerlessness. You may be recovering from alcoholism, drug addiction, unhealthy relationships, compulsive habits, anxiety and stress, work habits, disordered eating. You may be curious about recovery or supporting a friend or family member on their recovery journey. You may be many years in recovery or just beginning your journey. The space will be inclusive and suitable for everyone.
The day will be spent in gentle compassion-based mindfulness practices. There will be space for personal reflection, as well as sharing in community. There will be time to walk in the beautiful Sanctuary gardens. There will be an opportunity to rest and reflect on what recovery might look like in your life and how you might get there.
“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm is all about”. Haruki Murakami
Day & Date: Saturday, 13th August 2022
Time: 10am to 4pm
About The Facilitators
- The day will be led by Joan Flannelly, a long-time facilitator with The Sanctuary.
- Joan has been teaching mindfulness for many years now and her teaching was inspired by her own personal journey of recovery.
- Joan will be accompanied by The Sanctuary’s very own Mary O’Grady.
- Mary too has many years of experience on the recovery path and is a passionate advocate re: the value of adding mindfulness to it.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details etc are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to