Teach .b With The Mindfulness In Schools Project.
Please do not book your place unless you have a confirmation email in advance, this course uses a waiting list and only approved candidates may book online.
If you are interested in taking part in this course please fill in this MiSP application form prior to paying.
Please email email@example.com if you wish to inquire about participating in future courses.
The Sanctuary is pleased to offer the Teach .b course. The training will consist of real-time lessons, an exploration of the pedagogy of the .b curriculum, and opportunities to practise teaching the key exercises, in order to leave feeling confident and empowered to teach the curriculum to young people.
This course takes place over four days across two weekends during March at the Sanctuary in Dublin 7.
The course takes place from 9am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday, March 2nd & 3rd and 9th & 10th
The course costs €690 there is a reduced rate for DEIS schools. Please contact us to receive the reduced rate.
1. Ongoing commitment of a .b teacher
Being a .b teacher is not just about teaching mindfulness. If mindfulness is to become an established part of the education of children and young people, it is very important that the highest standards of professionalism and evidence-based integrity are maintained. We believe that this is in the interests of all those teaching mindfulness and the young people learning it. We ask that anyone applying to train to teach .b understands and agrees to the prerequisites and to continue to adhere to these standards on an ongoing basis.
1.1 – Personal Mindfulness Practice
Having an established personal mindfulness practice allows you to:
- Teach mindfully
- Embody mindfulness
- Model mindfulness to young people
- Guide practices with awareness
- Skilfully respond in enquiry
1.2 – Teaching Mindfulness to Young People
- Ability to engage pupils in a classroom setting
- Good class management skills
- Good communication skills
- To inform and include staff and senior leadership in the mindfulness work in the school in which you are teaching
- If applying to train to teach .b, previous experience of teaching or working in some capacity with groups of students in the relevant age group (11 – 18) is crucial. While there will be discussions and advice as part of the course about how mindfulness teaching might sit within a school classroom environment, it is assumed that you already have general classroom management skills and experience before attending the training.
- If you intend to be a self-employed teacher of .b going into schools, it is important to be aware that the current financial constraints on schools are severe, and many schools have very limited resources to pay for external providers of teaching and training. Before investing in training to teach .b, we recommend that you approach schools in your area and try to get a sense of whether or not they would be in a position to employ you as an external teacher.