The Art of Compassion, With Orla Burchael
This course is Onsite
Course Description: Join Orla Burchael here at the Sanctuary for this very special five-week course, delving into the very nature of compassion.
Compassion can be defined quite simply as the ability to recognize, move towards and be with suffering, with an intention to relieve it. Compassion is an action. It has the potential to empower. Whether it is your own suffering or the suffering of another, it is resisting the urge to look away. Instead, it is a’ turning towards’ with an open heart and a deep wish to help ourselves and others flourish.
This course is ideal for those with some training in mindfulness; however, all are welcome.
Duration: 5-week course, Monday evenings
Day & Date: Monday, 22nd August 2022
About The Facilitator
- Orla trained as a clinical psychologist and drama therapist and also as a community creative dance teacher.
- Orla currently works as a rehabilitation and wellness facilitator in the area of mental health.
- Orla has trained as an MBSR and MBCT teacher with the German Institute for Mindfulness based Approaches.
- Orla also completed her training as a mindfulness – based compassionate living (MBCL) teacher with the same institute.
- Orla has completed a foundational teacher training in Mindful Eating / Conscious Living with Jan Chozen Bays and is a mindful self-compassion teacher having trained with Christopher Germer and Kristen Neff.
- Orla also has an interest in neuroscience and has attended professional training in Positive neuroplasticity with Rick Hanson.
- Orla is currently a teacher in training with Tai Chi Your Way ( Irish Tai Chi Chuan Association ) and trained as a taoist meditation teacher and as a quantum coherence therapist with the same association.
- All of these experiences have enhanced Orla’s working and personal life and renewed her desire to share the many benefits of a mindful and compassionate approach to living.
Please Follow These Important Tips To Achieve Seamless Booking Experience
To make sure that our booking system records all course participants, each order form is restricted to booking one course space at a time. If you are looking to book multiple spaces, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +353 (0)1 670 5419.
- Please add email@example.com to your email contacts and check your spam, promotions or junk email folders for emails from the Sanctuary.
- Please note: our courses will close for booking 48hrs prior to start date. Zoom details etc are sent out once the booking has closed to ensure our community members have everything they need in advance of their course beginning.
- If you have any issues at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.