With Mary Jennings and Margaret Quinn
Principally drawing on the work of Eugene Gendlin’s evidence-based Focusing but also on Mindfulness practices, this workshop is designed to help participants discover the skills involved in listening.
We will explore how when we listen well, we also learn patience, non-judgment and compassion. We will explore how to be at what Gendlin calls ‘at the edge of awareness’ and allow fresh insights and clarity to come from there.
As a participant in this week course you will learn:
· About the different kinds of listening – passive, active and reflective
· The qualities of good listening and how to develop them
· The power of presence and silence
· Techniques for being with what’s not yet clear and allowing it to crystallise or come into focus
· Simple guiding interventions to use as a listener
Mary and Margaret will employ a combination of guided reflective exercises and group discussion to achieve these outcomes.
4 week Online course
Date: 8th March – 29th March 2021